Drinks with friends, celebrating with co-workers, business dinners with clients — it only takes one drink too many to trigger the pain and discomfort hangovers can bring. Fortunately, the caring team at Peak Physical Medicine in Visalia, California, can help hurry away even the worst hangover with all-natural intravenous (IV) therapy.
Take a moment to learn how IV therapy can help you quickly rebound from your next hangover!
The term hangover refers to the unpleasant symptoms that develop after drinking alcohol. To understand how IV therapy helps you recover faster from hangovers, it’s important to understand some hangover basics. Here’s a closer look at what you need to know before your next drink.
Symptoms of a hangover
Most people associate headaches with hangovers, and while there’s no doubt that head pounding can follow a night of drinking, they aren’t the only sign of a hangover, which can cause different physical and mental symptoms, including:
- Extreme thirst or dry mouth
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset
- Headaches and muscle aches
- Trouble sleeping
- Dizziness and balance trouble
- Difficulty concentrating and remembering
- Mood troubles, like irritability or depression
- Increased sensitivity to sounds and/or light
- Fatigue and overall weakness
More severe signs, like irregular breathing, loss of consciousness (without the ability to be wakened), or signs of hypothermia (blue or pale skin; low body temperature), require a call to 911 or a trip to the emergency room for immediate care as they may indicate alcohol poisoning.
Causes of hangovers
It may seem like alcohol is the obvious cause of your hangover, but the truth is a little more complicated. The reasons you experience a hangover after drinking are related to the effects alcohol has on your body, such as:
- Dehydration, which can cause dizziness, headaches, and thirst
- Increased digestive acids, which may trigger nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting
- Imbalanced electrolytes, which leads to dizziness, weakness, irritability, and headaches
- Impaired immune system, which can trigger nausea, appetite loss, difficulty concentrating, and mood changes
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), which leads to fatigue, mood changes, and dizziness
- Vasodilation (widened blood vessels), which causes headaches
- Sleep disturbances, which limits high-quality sleep and leaves you feeling fatigued
Everyone’s body processes alcohol slightly differently. This is why some people get a severe hangover after only one drink and others can drink all night and wake up feeling fine.
How IV therapy helps you rebound
At Peak Physical Medicine, we’re happy to help our patients in Visalia, California, get over their hangovers faster with all-natural IV therapy. Our IV cocktails are custom-blended to meet your unique needs and include the ingredients necessary to rebound quickly, including:
- Water for rehydration
- Vitamins and minerals to strengthen your immune system
- Electrolytes to combat unpleasant symptoms
- Antioxidants to repair cellular damage and reduce inflammation
- Metabolic support to increase energy levels and improve your skin
The IV therapy treatments at Peak Physical Medicine contain the key nutrients and fluids your body needs to detoxify your liver, helping you feel less fatigued and boosting your energy and immune system.
Because IV therapy enters your bloodstream directly, the essential nutrients and minerals bypass your digestive system. This means you get the full benefit of each dose in a shorter time than oral remedies can provide. Within minutes you’ll notice an improvement in your symptoms.
Learn more about the ways IV therapy can help you get over your hangover faster and the many other benefits they bring by contacting the wellness experts at Peak Physical Medicine in Visalia, California. You can also request an appointment online now!